Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th December 2004, 02:23 PM   #1
Hawk
Professional user

Default Level lines-unmerge objects-and spline end shapes-background

Questions.:
1. If I want to draw a single straight line how to I control it so it will be perfectly vertical or horizonal, meaning follow the grid lines exactlly?

2.Can an object be unmerged once it has been?

3. Can the end shape of a panel be controlled somehow when splined, meaning it curve at the end or say a rectangular shape, meaning I want to fair the side lines but not the ends.

4. Sometimes I cannot place a background image again in A3CD or say I have placed a side and front and when I attempt to place a top view it will not appear even when nothing has been place there before?
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2004, 06:39 PM   #2
LiveWire
Professional user

1. use grid snap, checkbox at the bottom left.

2. sure you can, select the surfaces of the object you want to 'unmerge' and goto Surface>Cut away object (ctrl-shift-x)

3. i dont get what your asking.

4.odd, you cant place BG images at all?
LiveWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2004, 07:28 PM   #3
Tyrael

Default Re: Level lines-unmerge objects-and spline end shapes-backgr

1. on my laptop, i can do that without gridsnap, because the TFT display is made of squares, and a vertex is exactly 9 squares, so i can put it on the grid lines... probably not important at all, but maybe this can be a trick to use when your objects are not on the grid anymore... (well, you'll have to look close)
Tyrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2004, 08:39 PM   #4
Hawk
Professional user

(1. use grid snap, checkbox at the bottom left.)
Thanks, that works.

(2. sure you can, select the surfaces of the object you want to 'unmerge' and goto Surface>Cut away object (ctrl-shift-x))
I tried with merged polylines and it still is merged???

(3. i dont get what your asking.)
What I mean is...picture a flat rectangular polyline with curved sides built of vertrexs, if you apply spline, it not only fairs the sides but rounds the ends as well , what I am after is faired side lines with square or undistrubed ends.

(4.odd, you cant place BG images at all?[/quote]

I can place BGs always first time out but sometimes it simply won't place a image "again" say in another (Different) viewport, one that there has never had anything placed before, but has two other BGs in other viewports that were used and cleared before the new image is placed with success. The new BG simply doesn't appear, although I loaded the other exactly the same way. :?:
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote