Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th August 2008, 11:39 PM   #1
Lordcaim
Expert member

Default Renders

I am new to 3d and have it planned for game designing use, using GLbasic, and need to know one thing. Do you need a render to use models made in AC3D useable in the kind of software like GLbasic. I'm pretty sure it's just to test run models but I'd like to be 100% sure. It would probally make it easier for me to progress faster seeing may mistakes in the render but it's not an absolute need right?
Thank you for your help.
Old 29th August 2008, 01:31 PM   #2
lisa
Professional user

Default Re: Renders

Correct. If you are planning on using your models for a real-time 3D game, then there is no reason that you need a renderer. All a renderer does is generate a 2D image of your model, although usually a very pretty one.

As long as AC3D exports to the format your game engine can read, or you can write code to read an AC3D file (see several examples here: http://www.inivis.com/resources.html) then you should be all set.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 08:20 PM   #3
Lordcaim
Expert member

Smile Re: Renders

cool, thank you for the assitance :-D
When i get AC3D i shall post pics of my projects here.
very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very soon
Old 29th August 2008, 08:58 PM   #4
Lordcaim
Expert member

Say as i wait for the e-mail could you guys see if i have a good plot for my project i have planned for AC3D? if not no hard feeling
Old 30th August 2008, 02:19 PM   #5
lisa
Professional user

Sure, why not?
Old 30th August 2008, 03:06 PM   #6
Lordcaim
Expert member

In 2264 Earth, the buzzing center of her colonies, flourishes from years of peace that begun in 2100, excluding small rebel groups that start day skirmishes. However after we went to other already inhabitable planets we started to make less life friendly planets more life friendly. Mars was one of the first. It started with only planets being there to create an atmosphere, then small cities, and eventually nations. However Mar’s size made this project extremely difficult. The Earth system’s sun was ageing meanwhile, and people wanted to abandon the project. Scientists calculated that if the sun exploded as it went out, Mars would be burned but the bulk would be saved. Citizens who believed this fled to Mars, those who didn’t left for other distant planets and some stayed. After 100 years the scientists would be proved right.
However those whose city was in the rotation facing the sun were burned but everyone else remained. Similar effects happened on earth and over 2 years it returned to the universes center. Mars wasn’t in Earth’s system though. Both Mars and Earth got pushed back but a new Sun replaced the old one immediately and pulled Earth in, Mars was to far away. It drifted off into a scarcely charted system, only on the charts for the sun it had and the handful of interesting planets that may have had life. To maintain control the United Human Republic sent a fleet of ships in to send troops to the surface and maintain order. There were hit and runs from a mysterious force and the U.H.R. assumed they were rebels and didn’t take action.
After a year of fighting the U.H.R. received reports of attacks on ships, something rebels would never be able to do unless one of their ships were taken by the rebels. So the U.H.R. counted all the ships and all were present, expect two that were getting repairs at a station near a moon that got pulled in by Mars’s gravity. An investigation showed alien life forms on a near by planet that dug under ground and just recently reemerged because what looked like probes returning positive for rehabilitation. The U.H.R. tried to make contact but it was denied and more ships were attacked. This started the first war in years, the Planetary wars. It has been 17 years since the war started, the year is 2383.
Both sides have kept one another off one another’s planets, until one day during a Marine Cruiser’s patrol run…

YEAR: 2383
Patrol Number:96
Ships: Marine Cruiser/blue-sword assault frigate/out of commission

Blue-sword:
Crew number: 1656/marines 250/pilots 306/engineers 923/extra (food,clean)
Weapons: main electromagnetic cannon, tiny missiles. Status: Green
Docked ships: 487: 230 dragonfly fighters, 257 shield dropships

Recently reactivated squad z -- z11 is in re-commission training.
He recently was promoted to private first class.

Z squad:
Z01: Private Perry
Z02: Corporal Jackson
Z03: Private first class Oswell
Z04: Sergeant Patrick
Z05: sergeant major carer
Z06: private Williams
Z07: private nickel
Z08: corporal gogon
Z09: Private Ryan
Z10: private second class Ulthon
Z11: private first class Knight
Z12: Corporal Johnson

Notice: to z squad:
Enemy ships are approaching, z11 should be finishing his training soon, once done report to the docks, your squad will be first to engage the enemy if a skirmish is to break out.

Marine Equipment:

M.P.R.R. Engager: This Multi purpose rapid rifle has two versions, laser and bullet. Laser has a better range accuracy and damage but is less inaccurate in close quarters. The bullet version is better for run and gun. The laser has a clip sized of 32, the bullet is 38.

S.F. Pinecone: the sticky fragment grenade can stick onto enemies and stick to walls to leave a surprise. The radius is fairly small but the damage is quiet fatal at any range within the radius.

65 Caliber Sniper: one of the largest caliber sniper up to date. The recoil is great and the shots are 5 second separated but any spot it hits will be fatal. The gun holds clips with a size of 3 bullets.

Fragmental Shotgun: magazine fed, each clip holds 162 fragment pieces. They are extremely fatal at close range but at medium range it loses most of the damage. The guns hold 6 clips.

P.N. Rocket Launcher: this portable nuke launcher can fire a rocket that delivers a small nuclear blast that engulfs a medium range of destruction to practically everything with little radiation shockwave. The launch has a large kick back and long reload sequence, do not use in hot situations.

L.X.-42 Grub Pistol: laser class x-42 is a strong laser firing pistol that deals good damage at medium range but has a small clip size. Clips only hold 10 laser charges.

Marine armor:

Metallic fabric plates: this was found on another planet and it is as strong as iron, but as flexible as wearing regular clothes. This plating is using mostly in joint areas and the back of the helmet.

Titanium alloy plates: This is lightweight but strong and durable. Created on earth using earth titanium and an unnamed alloy from another planet. This is what makes the bulk of a marines armor, but it is not as flexible as the metallic fabric plates. This titanium alloy plating is used to guard the most vital places and communication equipment in the helmet.

Crystal fabric covering: this is as strong as crystal and allows great flexibility. It can even regenerate and speeds up the shield generators regeneration time. This is used under the main armor though for it is fairly expensive, marines are issued one for their whole service and in not replaced it is severely damaged.

Electromagnetic shield generators: using similar technology to a space ships main cannon only it uses a more passive and clustered electromagnetic charge. Ships also have these generators but are not effective against electromagnetic cannons. Marines have the generators on their wrists. Marine generators are powered by special crystals with electric properties.

Terminal linked coms: marine communications are enabled through terminal chat ways. Ships pass each marines terminal directly to one another. The advantage to terminal communications is that position and what is said is recorded, so if marines need assistance the ship can automatically pin point them get them their requested assistance. Ships have this and use it more than marines. The disadvantage is that it shuts down if the ship loses power or is destroyed.

Wireless com links: the main used in field by marines and backup for the terminal linked coms. These are not recorded and do not give away positions, which is why they are the most commonly used by marines.

(note i have not reread it so excuse typos, was too lazy)

Last edited by Lordcaim; 30th August 2008 at 08:01 PM.
Lordcaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 03:57 PM   #7
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Looking forward to seeing this in 3D
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 04:33 PM   #8
Lordcaim
Expert member

Oh I forgot the vehicles. There are most likely gonna these 3, I may add one later on though (all of this is not adding on the alien's stuff, i'll post that up that later when i have some pics.)

S.W.T.: The shield wing transport is a slow but strong transport. It has a turret attached on the top that fires 50 caliber bullets at a high rate of fire and it’s electromagnetic shields can take an entire blast from a frigate’s main cannon. However its turn is rather slow and the turret can not rotate. Also it is very weak on the under plating.

X-I winged Dragonfly: This fighter has two wing positions, a line for space combat and x for surface combat. It is armed with twin machine gun that has 55 caliber bullets. It also has four missile launchers on it’s wings. It’s speed and armor are both great but it is weak in the tail engine and cockpit area.

A.T.A.J. Spear: The All Terrain Assault Jeep is fast and heavily armored. There is a laser turret that someone can climb to via a handle ladder in the rear. It can hold up to 6 including the driver and turreter. It’s only weakness is heavy equipment. Passengers can open their doors and shoot out.

Last edited by Lordcaim; 31st August 2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 31st August 2008, 12:05 AM   #9
Lordcaim
Expert member

This is a drawing in progress of the ships that will be in the game, the human's marine cruiser is in the top and the green orbs inside the two other large ships are the enemy's main cannons. I know it's not a great picture but still something to give you an idea of what the ships will look like. This is what the first level will be, and when I can I will get you guys a in-game picture of this (hope it will look better than this )

P.S. I will start a thread called Red Earth (name of the game) when I get actual game pics.
P.S.S. my profile picture is of the U.H.R. flag, probally not the best one but it's orginal
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02230 (2).JPG
Views:	196
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	1140  

Last edited by Lordcaim; 31st August 2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 31st August 2008, 06:57 PM   #10
lisa
Professional user

Cool. Yes, definitely, post some pics when ya' got 'em.