Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th May 2016, 07:31 AM   #1
Hans_Petter
Advanced member

Default How to lock vertices

Some time ago I started a thread on a water table that was affected by the editing of surfaces / vertices elswhere. It seems that any adjustment of vertices may affect the exact placement of vertices of the entire model.

Now I have a problem with another X-Plane scenery project. It's the editing of a selected area inside a scenery mesh tile. A program (Meshremexe) let's you cut out an area, edit it in a 3D editor and then put it back. It works fine with Sketchup (according to the author) but I'd rather use AC3D since this is the editor I know.

What happens is that as I flatten the top of a mesa to make landable runways the edges of my selection are moved a bit too. Thus, my edited area doesn't quite fit into the "slot" when I put it back and I get a slight gap along its edges.

What I would need is a way to lock all vertices / surfaces at the perimeter of my model. That is, whatever I modify elsewhere the vertices along the edges will stay exactly where they were in the first place. Such a lock feature could be useful whenever the exact position of a starting point is required.
Hans_Petter is offline   Reply With Quote