Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th February 2012, 05:04 AM   #1
nIGHTmAYOR

Exclamation New surfaces created by Extrude are not represented in texture coordination editor?

i tried to build an object using extrude tool, pipe shaped belt along path but then as i tried to texture it i realize that only the initial shape i started with is what's represented in texture coordination editor, whatever belt by extrude tool wont show.

any clue how i reset surfaces there or make it sense changes (added surfaces)? also a side question is there a way to reset uv map if things went wrong in design ?

Last edited by nIGHTmAYOR; 11th February 2012 at 05:51 AM.
nIGHTmAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2012, 10:14 AM   #2
donamy
Professional user

Default Re: New surfaces created by Extrude are not represented in texture coordination edito

Don't texture until the model is finished. If you create new faces, they need to be re-textured.
donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2012, 10:26 AM   #3
nIGHTmAYOR

Default Re: New surfaces created by Extrude are not represented in texture coordination edito

well this isn't the issue , finished or not the new surfeces added would not show on texture coordination editor , so even if i finish how will i be able to texture which?
Old 11th February 2012, 03:48 PM   #4
Stiglr
Professional user

Are you saying that if you select ONLY the newly-extruded surfaces, then enter into TCE, and re-map from some direction, that you get NOTHING to display?

Also, I'm assuming that surfaces did earlier show up on the TCE for the object in question, before you began extruding on it?

That seems odd. Have you saved the file recently? If there was any issue with "updating", I imagine that should fix it... still, I have never seen an instance where the TCE did not show ANY surface in an object, no matter how recently created.

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
Windows 7
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
Stiglr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 05:38 AM   #5
nIGHTmAYOR

ok in my trials if i lowered down my screen resolution from 1600x1200 > 1024x768 i get the surface represented as a cross inside a square so i applied remap as u suggested Stiglr and yes that worked, thanks buddy.