Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th August 2012, 11:25 PM   #1
rnlobo
Expert member

Default Connect all sides?

Ok. Using background pictures, I made back, front and side of a van truck. Now how I do I line them all up to connect to each other?
rnlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2012, 06:33 PM   #2
russellbdavis
Advanced member

Default Re: Connect all sides?

You'll need a bitmap editor such as Photoshop to combine them into a single image. That's if you wish to use them as a texture. You don't have to do that, but its easier if you do.

But you can set each image to be the background image for the appropriate window if you are just going to use them as a resource for modeling.

Last edited by russellbdavis; 7th August 2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: expanded on my idea...
russellbdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2012, 10:12 PM   #3
rnlobo
Expert member

Thanks Russell but I forgot to mention I was talking about the 3D sections that I made from the pictures..How do I join them to make 1 model?
rnlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 06:42 AM   #4
tbd
Professional user

Usually when you use background pictures to model you do it in all 3 dimensions at once. Height length and depth. (See attached picture) Its difficult to say how without any screenshots of your model, but if they are in the same file, then just choose the objects and merge them. If they are in different files, then open one, and import the others and just merge them. You also have to make sure they align in size and placement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wire4.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	508.4 KB
ID:	2697  

tbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 10:26 AM   #5
russellbdavis
Advanced member

Hmm..well, if you assign a different image to each of the 3 views (front, left, top) and then create a model by editing in each of the views, and align your object to the background image(s), there is only a single model object. There won't be three seperate objects that you need to merge.

So, if you made the back, front and side of a truck, then set the background of each view to be those images. Then, create a single object by aligning it with the background in each viewport.

Last edited by russellbdavis; 8th August 2012 at 10:28 AM.
russellbdavis is offline   Reply With Quote