Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th September 2012, 08:14 AM   #1
jayd
Expert member

Default Question About Scaling Vertices in AC3D

hey there, really enjoying my experience on AC3D but now i have an interesting question regarding sculpted prim (yes they still exist).

In Blender, I can take a primitive such as a cylinder and break it up into slices and then reassemble it into an object (such as a bed or a chair) which results in a 1 prim (primitive) object.

Can we do that in AC3D? The way you do it in blender is to bring in the sculpted prim (premade like in ac3d), choose two of the slices and highlight them, then you scale down the x, y and z axis to zero which results in a string or spindly thread which cannot be seen when brought into second life or any of the other OS Grid worlds.

So what do you think? Is is possible. I know mesh is the darling of SL right now even with its issues but the OS Grid where I have my business (inworldz) does not support mesh so I use the sculpted prims there and mesh in sl.

Bottom line, i am much more productive using AC3D and if anyone has done it or can suggest an approach for me to try, it would just be icing on the cake.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
jayd is offline   Reply With Quote