Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th February 2012, 03:43 PM   #1
nIGHTmAYOR

Question equivalent to other 3d tools in ac3d?

I am new to ac3d but its quite comprehensible, i am facing though some issues i wounder if any came across.
1st, if i cut a shape usually it becomes hollow, i am used to a tool that is called CAP to add surface that covers a cut to make the object solid, i noticed that extrude tool in ac3d has a CAP option you tick but at least for me it doesn't do a thing , so how is it possible to replicate capping in ac3d?
2nd, is it possible to get a baked texture and shaders map? i played around and all i could get was a light and shadow map so if not, any hints on how to use that map to bake it with texture?
3rd, there is usually a mean to seal a hole by collecting vertices of edges into 1 vertex at the center, is that achievable with ac3d in such a way or have to go through it manually?
4th, i could notice that on any attempt to merge or subtract from the secondlife objects and then tried to export a map the resulting map file would resolve a sphere (and yes i make sure on merge no hidden vertexes are overlapping or hidden inside), also if i tried to work with mesh yet follow the fundamentals of sculpting (no holes, no pointed edges, object perfectly wraps) i still cant export a sculpted map file but a black texture am i doing something wrong?
nIGHTmAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote