Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th April 2004, 12:11 AM   #1
robosport

Default How to hide non-boundary tri edges?

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I did not find the answer in the manual or my forum searches.

When working with a triangle mesh object, is there a way to flag a triangle poly edge as hidden/visible? (in order to turn off display of interior edges)

Just like OpenGL's glEdgeFlag command. I know the 3DS format supports this flag per edge as well.

I'm trying to make an object that I can export as 3DS (or something other format that also supports this) so that only the boundary edges of the wireframe are visible when displayed with OpenGL in wireframe mode.

Let me know if you need additional explanation of the type of feature I am looking for.

Thank you in advance.
robosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2004, 10:38 AM   #2
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Default Re: How to hide non-boundary tri edges?

There are no 'edges' specifically stored in AC3D so they can't have attributes applied to them. AC3D's editing is wysiwyg (what you see is what you get), so if you are editing a polygon, that's what you are editing - it's not a bundle of triangles with hidden edges.

All polygons are triangulated in the 3DS export.

Andy
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2004, 12:36 PM   #3
robosport

Default Re: How to hide non-boundary tri edges?

I understand AC3D doesn't store edge info. I was hoping this was a property for each vertex, the way OpenGL does it. That way it would not affect the way you store the data or your modeling technique. Its would just be an optional vertex property, that would be passed on to the 3DS exporter.

Currently AC3D is just setting all three edge visibility flags in the 3DS export to 1.

Thank you for the response.
robosport is offline   Reply With Quote