Go Back   AC3D Forums > Resources > AC3D Plugins and Other Resources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th December 2007, 10:05 AM   #1
dasteph

Default Second Life plugins / In world tools

Fist off these SL tools are fantastic, and from some simple tests they seem to work nearly perfectly, but have come across a couple of issues.

When using the AC3D tools, all the imported object list the creators name as "Aston Corvale". I know Aston has worked very hard on these scripts :-) , however it's not really practical to give away or even sell stuff made using the AC3D tools without the real object creators name in place.

Looking inside the SL AC3D objects, each of them contain a prim with a client script The base AC3D script rezzes the contained prim and the client script then resizes and sets its position in the overall model. Because the client prim was created by "Aston Corvale", all models will have him listed as the creator. But if the client prim is replaced by the "owner" own replacement object then it assumes the owners name. However the client prim script is set to "no copy" so It can't be moved into a prim bearing the owners name.

Ok.. if your following this then... Can the client scripts properties be set to "copy, no mod, no trans". this way any objects made via the AC3D tools can be listed as made by the actual creator making.

An other couple of problems I found concern the Box builder specifically. A couple of times I noticed that it didn't always create all the prims it should have; it always seemed to be the first prim it missed. The other issue was that after using it a couple of times the contents of the "Box builder" went missing all except for the main scripts.

Hope all that makes sense.. writing this after a long night testing :-)
Old 2nd April 2008, 03:20 AM   #2
ThreeDzone

Default Re: Second Life plugins / In world tools

i am having trouble there doesn't seem to be any in depth tutorials on how to use the plugins can you point me in the right direction?

I tried to creat a simple box in AC3D then export with box export and copied the numbers into the geometry file then clicked on the box it says touched and nothing happens?
What am i doing wrong? do i have to apply a texture to it first? Does it have to be a special texture (prim) or something? Do i just use UV box for texture? etc....

Thanks ThreeDzone (wanna be 3D expert in SL)
my home page has some of my old work from when i had time to do 3D :roll:
http://www.adam.com.au/threedzone/

Last edited by ThreeDzone; 2nd April 2008 at 03:23 AM.
ThreeDzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 04:59 PM   #3
Petite Pixie
Advanced member

Default Re: Second Life plugins / In world tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasteph View Post
Fist off these SL tools are fantastic, and from some simple tests they seem to work nearly perfectly, but have come across a couple of issues.

When using the AC3D tools, all the imported object list the creators name as "Aston Corvale". I know Aston has worked very hard on these scripts :-) , however it's not really practical to give away or even sell stuff made using the AC3D tools without the real object creators name in place.

Looking inside the SL AC3D objects, each of them contain a prim with a client script The base AC3D script rezzes the contained prim and the client script then resizes and sets its position in the overall model. Because the client prim was created by "Aston Corvale", all models will have him listed as the creator. But if the client prim is replaced by the "owner" own replacement object then it assumes the owners name. However the client prim script is set to "no copy" so It can't be moved into a prim bearing the owners name.

Ok.. if your following this then... Can the client scripts properties be set to "copy, no mod, no trans". this way any objects made via the AC3D tools can be listed as made by the actual creator making.

An other couple of problems I found concern the Box builder specifically. A couple of times I noticed that it didn't always create all the prims it should have; it always seemed to be the first prim it missed. The other issue was that after using it a couple of times the contents of the "Box builder" went missing all except for the main scripts.

Hope all that makes sense.. writing this after a long night testing :-)

There's a way to do this by ripping the contents out of the main prim and then ripping the script out of the base prim used for creating your item.
drop the base prim and remove the script then make a new prim and place the script in it and make sure it has the same name as the one you're replacing. Then you place the new prim and the other scripts into another prim of any design. It should work the same way but now the prims it produces will have your name as creator. Why they didn't make the prims mod I don't know. As long as the scripts are no mod no transfer no one can mess with them or resell them.
Petite Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote