Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th December 2004, 06:01 PM   #1
djigui

Default Animation

Hello! does anyone know how to animate the characters drawn? If not possible, could someone pls tell me how to draw a complete head? I dont understand, ive seen it, but it makes no sense!

Thank you!!
djigui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2004, 06:46 PM   #2
LiveWire
Professional user

animation is not in ac3d currently. (although andy has told us it will be in the a future release).
there are alternative programs you can use to import your ac3d made models, and animate them.
http://www.insanesoftware.de/ - CharacterFX
http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/index.html - MilkShape3D

as for the face tutorial, check out http://ac3d.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=228

hope it helps.
--Philip
LiveWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2004, 08:03 AM   #3
Hawk
Professional user

Default Animate?

Personally I wish AC3D would avoid animation entirely and focus on refining what it has (which is really great as is), that is for those of us that like the clean format without the motion stuff and comlication on the work table for those of us that have no need of it.

Besides there are plenty of animation programs in existance, so why another?? How much volume and real demand would there be for a new one. How many are true working animators are there amoung us? And the true need of these animators is not a new version, but a more efficient one. I am not a programmer so I haven't a clue what is involved, all I know is I don't need it.

In addition, the competion is so great today with animation programs their prices (And profits) are falling quickly, so who needs all the extra work to produce yet another one for very little profit in return for a great deal of labor. That said if one is produced, I hope it is a completely seperate thing entirely from AC3D. Just my viewpoint.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2004, 08:19 PM   #4
LiveWire
Professional user

i disagree with you.
yes if animation was done wrong it could destroy the easyness of use that ac3d does so well.
but if done right, because ac3d has such a good modeling base, simple animation would give it a world of new power and uses.

you say you dont need animation, but i kinna dought that.
even if your making a completely static scene, you still need to be able to move the characters/objects/machinery/ect.. into different positions.
now mabye your designing a house or somthing, but in almost any other case, animation is very useful. :wink:
not to mention other animation programs that do it well are usally complicated and expensive.

if you look at MilkShape3D, youll notice it doesnt have very good modeling system(its alright buts its much harder to use)
kinna buggy, user interface could use some work.
but youll also notice that its a pretty popular program.
its because it supports sooo many different formats of popular games.
and the only way it can do that is, for one, that it has animation.

if ac3d supported animation, it would make way for plugins to be writtin for more game file formats.(make your own counter-strike, battlefield, doom3 characters models anyone?)

i see where your coming from though, animation could ruin ac3d if done wrong(sorta, it would be hard to 'ruin' ac3d).
but i have faith in Andy. :wink:

just sharing my thoughts.
--Philip
LiveWire is offline   Reply With Quote