Go Back   AC3D Forums > Resources > AC3D Plugins and Other Resources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th June 2006, 07:36 AM   #1
Dennis
Professional user

Default PLUGIN: Wave version 1.1 available

Version 1.1 of the Wave plugin is available.

This plugin is more user friendly inasfar as getting the waves to show up where you want them. The new default setting is for the waveform's frequency to be applied over the selection, rather than over an AC3D unit. So, if you select geometry and specify a frequency of 1.0, you will get exactly 1 waveform applied to your geometry.

I haven't had time to tweak the examples on the web page to reflect the new change; this will take (a) user demand and (b) time on my part.

http://supercoldmilk.com/ac3dplug/wave.html

* Fixed: subdivisions are only recalculated when a subdivided object is changed
* Frequency always starts at the minimum axis value. Before, the sin wav always started at 0,0,0, whereas it now starts at the minimum axis value of the selection.
* Frequency can be spread across a selection rather than expressed in units. Checking the "Frequency expressed in units" box will cause the wave plugin to behave the "old" way, where the frequency = the number of AC3D units. Unchecking this box causes the frequency to be the number of sin waves applied across the selection (so, 0.5 means 1/2 of a sin wav will be spread across the selection).
* GUI defaults and increments tweaked.

Last edited by Dennis; 27th June 2006 at 07:39 AM.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2006, 12:11 PM   #2
luuckyy
Professional user

Default Re: PLUGIN: Wave version 1.1 available

Thanks for the update Dennis !
Old 29th June 2006, 02:38 AM   #3
tbd
Professional user

Damn Dennis, It would have been just what I need now, but are you sure the zip contains the right version? It kinda looks like the old one
tbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2006, 07:36 AM   #4
Dennis
Professional user

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbd
Damn Dennis, It would have been just what I need now, but are you sure the zip contains the right version? It kinda looks like the old one
Hmm --- I just checked it out and it's the new one...

If you have a checkbox on the Wave GUI beneath "Frequency" that reads "Frequency expressed in units", then that's the new one. I think that was the only visual change to the plugin.

The Linux version has not yet been updated to 1.1 (it's still at 1.0.1), but the Windows version should be up-to-date. If you're using Linux, let me know.

If you're on Windows, does the timestamp on the files within the ZIP archive show 6/27/2006 for both wave.p and wave.tcl? (I really should start doing checksums on these files). If not, perhaps they're somehow still stuck in your cache (not sure how files like this might get cached, but...) --- try refreshing the page a couple of times and trying again.
Old 29th June 2006, 06:52 PM   #5
tbd
Professional user

I'm on windows xp. But I found out what was wrong. Not sure how I managed this, but the old wave plugin had ended up in the script folder. So that screewed up the whole thing. Its working now
tbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2006, 09:14 AM   #6
Dennis
Professional user

Default PLUGIN: Wave version 1.1 available for RedHat/Fedora Linux

The Wave plugin has been updated to version 1.1 for RedHat/Fedora, many thanks to Eldon Brown for getting this out. Pick it up here:

http://supercoldmilk.com/ac3dplug/wave.html

BTW Thor - thanks for sharing the problem --- I would have never guessed that one.