Go Back   AC3D Forums > Resources > AC3D Tutorials and How-To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th October 2009, 04:16 PM   #1
SignGuy169

Default "New kid, in town..." at the AC3D ranch

As a newb who has to learn another 3D app quickly - in midst of working on a game with others and some oddball calamity befell my regular program, which is not to imply AC3D is second fiddle to something else - could someone tell me why AC3D seems to not save textures upon reopening a file even tho' its help file says it does? It does save all this w/imported models, oddly. (Have my share of messes on this PC, drivers-hardware related and early on had to Del the prefs file before I could get AC3D to open and run so the above may/may not have to do with the app per se. I also notice sometimes opening the help file, causes the app to crash)?

If I save a file right before exiting - why does the app ask right away if I want to save the unsaved changes? If I just saved it, uh...

If there's no provision for this in AC3D, is there a workaround to do this: I must be able to set ambient color of assigned textures to 1 (before making an Ogre mesh). How can I do that?

And in using AC3D to make models and then Ogre meshes, anyone know if one should (or must) triangulate all faces before sending it out as Ogre mesh? I did when trying small test mesh, and triangulation worked fine of course - but, does one have to - do you know?

Here and there I found I could Select all, but not Group things: was this perhaps because items may have been locked?

Looks like cool app overall; floundered about (in a new app) a few hours, and actually got some posts, walls and floors made already. And too, if I can get the hang of this, cut down travel
through apps I had until recently, and not convert this and that which can cause problems, this will be really great). ;-)

Many thanks, from newb-dummy on the block. (And what's a Greeble - is that the word)?

Best, (SignGuy169) Pat
SignGuy169 is offline   Reply With Quote