Go Back   AC3D Forums > Resources > AC3D Plugins and Other Resources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th March 2007, 01:08 PM   #11
J-Bird

Default Re: DirectX importer?

If you go to the main site for AC3D where it lists the features, It says you can
use .x files. I just got AC3D and you are correct. It does NOT load or export
.x files. False advertisement. Too bad too, cause AC3D is uber to work in.
also too bad no refund.
J-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 01:55 PM   #12
frimi
Expert member

What you are talking about ? The only advertise is .X-export and that is functional
frimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 03:53 PM   #13
J-Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by frimi View Post
What you are talking about ? The only advertise is .X-export and that is functional
Whoa, OK I didnt see that list untill now.
My bad.
I still wish we could import .x Ill be working on this, if I come up with anything
new (and as always ill make sure its free) ill update here.
J-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 02:11 AM   #14
Liam

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Hi Zigma,

I emailed the author about this Trojan issue. Here is reply :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I went to the link.

What I see in the link is evidence of a piece of some software reporting that it does contain a Trojan horse.
It is up to Zigma to trust the software that gives him the warning as much as he wants.

I can assure you that the download contains nothing malicious.
And I know it never has and know it never will.
The report is wrong!

Thankyou, Griff

Regards, Steven Katic

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did a download and scanned the file for viruses ... nothing.

I have read somewhere about virus scanners reporting false positives (Norton maybe???).

If the Trojan is identified maybe you should look at what your anti-virus software manufacture says about it. And possibly Google for false positives

regards,

griff
Honestly, I havnt bothered to read every post, but I am assuming this hasnt been posted before. Some anti-viruses etc. detect some programs as Trojans, mostly becuase they are, and second becuase they may be encrypted so.

Another, a free, Animating, semi-useful, program called Marzipan, can import .X files and export alot of things, but it can export Wavefront .OBJ files. I use this when I want to edit .X files. heres the link: http://silentworks.hu/index.php?page=downloads&t

NOTE: Though it may say that it cant export .OBJ in the feature list. It can, it just not mentioned (its under the Export Menu in the program)

Good luck!

Liam

Last edited by Liam; 4th August 2007 at 02:14 AM.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 04:47 PM   #15
ggunners

There is a python script for converting from mqo to ac 3D format on the rc-sim.de web site.

http://www.rc-sim.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=4707

The thread is in the German language but translates well enough with Google or Bablefish.

Here's the link to the download:
http://www.rc-sim.de/wbb2/attachment...chmentid=10285

You have to install Python on your computer to use the script and then run it from a command line window.

It works OK for now. You have to clean up your .mqo file. Some things that cause errors are faces without materials and material names with spaces in them.

It's best to clean up your file in Metasequoia before attempting a conversion. Select each object and then in the [Object] menu select each item in turn, [Align Faces], [Delete overlapped faces], [Unify Faces] and [attach current material to non-material faces]. Beware though, this could mess up your functioning 3D creation so if Meta reports any changes, make sure you want them or hit the undo [Ctrl-Z] key.

Now run mqo2ac.py at the command line prompt with "python mqo2ac.py" and answer the source .mqo and destination .ac prompts. If you have errors you'll see them in the window, if not you'll get a list of each object translated.

When you open the file in AC3D, first rotate the model 90 degrees around the Y axis and position the model's center of gravity where it belongs, usually on the motor thrust line and 30% back from the wing root.

If your model does not show the textures, select each object and load the texture for that object.

A couple of other items need tweaking too. Surfaces in Meta are smooth by default, in AC3D they are flat. So select the surfaces and make them smooth.

Also, the image maps in Meta are usually on a white background with some luminance. If you find your models are too dark in ClearView, you'll need to select the material in AC3D and lighten it up a bit.

This conversion is a bit teadious, but I've now done 4 models this way and it is repeatable and better than a standard DirectX import built into ClearView.

One other note, I found if you want to use the DirectX import, first assign a unique material to each object in Meta, then when you import the DirectX file, each object will be preserved. You'll then need to rename the objects and reapply the image maps.

-- ggunners
ggunners is offline   Reply With Quote