Go Back   AC3D Forums > Resources > AC3D Plugins and Other Resources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th March 2009, 11:49 PM   #1
lisa
Professional user

Default PLUGIN: Poser Export

This plugin exports your AC3D model to Poser PZ3 format, allowing you to create props and figures for Poser inside AC3D. The exporter generates an OBJ and a MTL file in addition to the PZ3. The exported OBJ is grouped by mesh--versus the built-in OBJ exporter, which I believe groups by material--so that your vertices are already grouped inside of Poser if you want to make your own skeleton.

The PZ3 it exports is bare-bones, but it will get you up and running quickly and it's very useful for testing your geometry. For blend weights for your final render, I recommend starting with the generated OBJ and creating the skeleton in Poser. This will give you better results, unless you're targeting a game engine or something else where Poser's blend weights don't matter.

Your AC3D hierarchy is used to create the skeleton for Poser. It works exactly the same as the Milkshape exporter, including support for null pivots. Whichever object is first in the group is treated as the parent joint. You can group them however you like, although bear in mind that Poser cannot weld more than two shapes per vertex so you may get holes in your model if you try to weld more than this on a soft-bodied figure. (Rigid body welds don't matter.) AC3D "object centres" are used as pivot points for the bones.

Plugin:
http://www.independentdeveloper.com/...oserexport.zip

Sample model:
http://www.independentdeveloper.com/files/atomizer.zip

The sample model shown is the perfume atomizer model that comes in the AC3D library included with the program. I've re-rigged it so it can animate, then exported it using the Poser plugin. After import into Poser, I applied my materials and tweaked the skeleton. All of the files are included so you can see how it was built.

atomizer-rigged.ac - the rigged version of the atomizer from the AC3D library.

antomizer-rigged.pz3 - the unedited poser file exported by the plugin (yes, I realized belatedly I spelled it wrong, but I didn't want to fix all the file links, doh)

atomizer-final.pz3 - the final file in poser, with materials applied and joint limits, etc., set
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	atomizer-render.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1450  

Click image for larger version

Name:	alternate-pose.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1451  

lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 07:57 PM   #2
JoDuck

Default Re: PLUGIN: Poser Export

Thanks for sharing this!

I'd love to have a POSER export. But it does not work with a somewhat bigger object. Unfortunately this one (stairway) was over 300.000 surfaces and I reduced it to 27.000 - still big.
At the beginning I could not find the figure at all. But then I found her far above the center and far too big. I devided by 100 and after import gave a drop to floor command in Poser. Now the object was partly visible. Some parts are still invisible. Your example worked fine and the little red ball attached also was OK. The OBJ export is complete and has the correct textures. The AC and OBJ files are too big to be attached here.

The figure is completly listed (also the invisible parts) in the Hierachy view, it has the proper materials - but it remains invisible. I have attached the zipped file. The little red ball i used for testing works just fine.

I am using AC3D 6.2 and POSER 7 on Vista 32 - any idea what is going on?

Thanks for your efforts.
Jochen
Attached Files
File Type: zip ball.zip (2.2 KB, 572 views)
File Type: zip stairway.zip (4.9 KB, 598 views)
JoDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 06:22 AM   #3
lisa
Professional user

Does it show up in Poser's hierarchy view? (i.e. Is the data there and just not showing, or is the data not importing?)

I'll test the files you sent, but I'm still running Poser 6, haven't upgraded to 7 yet.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 07:43 AM   #4
DRAKELOT
Professional user

Thanks Lisa ... I'll use this one alot.
DRAKELOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 11:01 PM   #5
Klyde
Professional user

Thank you Lisa!!!!; but now that I have posted noone else will (which seems to be the norm), sorry about this but I am not gunna stop posting where I feel I must.
Old 29th October 2012, 12:20 PM   #6
jentron
Professional user

I was pretty excited to find this, then I discovered its windows only. Is there a linux version, or is the source available so I can compile it myself?

Thanks,
Ron
jentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 08:04 PM   #7
Toronto
Professional user

Where did lisa (who wrote this plugin) go ???
She was so very helpful.
Please come back lisa.
Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animation, daz, poser, rig, skeleton