Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Work In Progress / Showcase
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th April 2013, 02:11 PM   #1
Edymnion
Professional user

Default Furry WIP

Okay, been ages since I've had time to get any practice 3D work done, but time to get in gear again.

This time, I'm thinking something that I might even be able to make a few $'s off of. If there's any group that will pay through the nose for even bad artwork, its the furries. So I'm working on a base furry that I can then modify into different things as needed.

Its actually proving to be rather fun so far. The more cartoony aspect lets me play around with it more than it would if I were trying to be more realistic with proportions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Furry WIP.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	2827  

It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the syrup of cola that thoughts acquire speed, the ears acquire ringing, the ringing becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind into motion.
Edymnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 09:35 PM   #2
Edymnion
Professional user

Default Re: Furry WIP

I still muse to this day at how much of this is like writing.

First step is to just bang out a rough shape in whatever way it takes to get it down, then you spend hours going back over it and tweaking it point by point until what you end up is the same general outline, but contains none of the individual pieces you actually started out with.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FurryWIP2.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	2828  

It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the syrup of cola that thoughts acquire speed, the ears acquire ringing, the ringing becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind into motion.
Old 28th April 2013, 12:54 PM   #3
Cynic
Expert member

That rabbit has quite the bootay.
Cynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 07:22 PM   #4
Edymnion
Professional user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
That rabbit has quite the bootay.
I like nice butts and I cannot lie.

I am slowly making some progress on this, when I'm not getting distracted by piddly little things like work and social life.

Still not 100% happy with the join between arms and torso, got the feeling I'll be tinkering with that a lot. Also thinking I need to flatten out the area between the breasts to create less cleavage between them. Its hard to try and keep it more shapeless than normal for the cartoon look. I'll adjust a vertices here, a vertices there, and suddenly realize out of nowhere the model has breasts again instead of just curves and I have to go smooth it all back out again.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	2866  

Old 11th May 2013, 06:11 PM   #5
Edymnion
Professional user

One of those "it doesn't look like much happened, but it did" moments.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bunny WIP.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	2870  

Old 16th August 2013, 02:43 PM   #6
Edymnion
Professional user

Hey look, I had another project that I didn't want to work on enough to get back to this one!

Only added hands though. I'm not entirely happy with them, but they're serviceable. For now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FurryWIP5.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	2903  

Old 9th December 2013, 10:31 PM   #7
jentron
Professional user

So, would this be Roger and Jessica's daughter?
jentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2014, 10:44 AM   #8
jayd
Expert member

Hey, in case you see this---when you do cartoon figures don't try to think in terms of standard human anatomy--in these types of creation you are allow a certain "suspension of belief".

go back and study how thumbs are made---if you remove a thumb from a hand, most people will just remove the digit but the thumb actually extends down to the bottom of the hand and looks eerily like a chicken leg quarter. Look at your own hand and you will see. This "leg quarter" is what makes your thumb opposable.

now, to your figure--thumbs rest on the inside and not the outside to take your inside most finger and change it to a thumb.

You don't have to do much else after that---a three fingered one thumbs character is not all that uncommon--hope that helps with the hand if you ever actually see this, LOL. best wishes!
jayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 04:02 AM   #9
MILT40
Professional user

Nice work.
MILT40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 09:05 PM   #10
Edymnion
Professional user

I really need to get back to this one.