Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th August 2005, 10:13 AM   #1
whirlwind

Default "New" 3D View Controls Not So

My only main grip with AC3D 5.0 (skipped 4.0) is the default controls of the 3D view window just became a pain to use. I miss the left mouse button drag to rotate the camera in the 3D view window.

I know the current method is more consistent with the other windows, but I'd rather have the old style AC3D 3D view with a toggleable select mode as opposed to the current toggleable rotate. I do more rotates than selects. Perhaps just using the alt key to select in 3D view would be a much better way to go.

As an old school AC3D user, it is exceptionally hard to get used to the new 3D view controls and there isn't a way to change the behavior via settings. Perhaps make the old/new methods toggleable via settings? That would be my best guess to keep the old users and new users from having to relearn how to use AC3D's 3D view.
whirlwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2005, 02:04 PM   #2
Thaellin
Professional user

I believe you get this if you hold down "ALT"
-- Jeff
Thaellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2005, 08:47 AM   #3
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

I understand the problem. It does take some getting used to, but I promise - it's worth it in the end. Te real improvement is that the view controls are now consistent, whatever way you choose to have your views configured.

You may like to try setting Navselect (on the view's 3D menu) this will do a rotate if you drag outside a selection.

As Jeff said, you hold down alt then use the mouse to roate/control the view as you did before.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2005, 03:45 PM   #4
whirlwind

Honestly, I couldn't tell people how to use AC3D as I just sit down and use it naturally. Hence why I can't really get into many other 3D programs lol. I am just so used to draging in the view to rotate that it disrupts my work to have to stop and actually think about how I have to use AC3D. I don't know, I guess it is just such a habit. So you are saying it is like a metrics thing - once I start using it it will be great?
whirlwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2005, 12:29 PM   #5
alainmeyer1

Default Re: "New" 3D View Controls Not So

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind
My only main grip with AC3D 5.0 (skipped 4.0) is the default controls of the 3D view window just became a pain to use. I miss the left mouse button drag to rotate the camera in the 3D view window.

I know the current method is more consistent with the other windows, but I'd rather have the old style AC3D 3D view with a toggleable select mode as opposed to the current toggleable rotate. I do more rotates than selects. Perhaps just using the alt key to select in 3D view would be a much better way to go.

As an old school AC3D user, it is exceptionally hard to get used to the new 3D view controls and there isn't a way to change the behavior via settings. Perhaps make the old/new methods toggleable via settings? That would be my best guess to keep the old users and new users from having to relearn how to use AC3D's 3D view.
Ya i agree!