View Single Post
Old 31st December 2005, 03:05 PM   #2
griff
Professional user

Hi,

It sounds like you may have templates for Second Life Avatars ... but I am guessing. ;-)

The texture templates you have were built/made with/for a specific 3d model .. so you will need that. Ac3d will import a number of geometry formats (.obj I find a great format to use).

When you load the model it should have information about the texture in it and will allow you to use the templates you have as a texture (I assume you mean by a template, a 2d image with lots of triangles drawn on it). You can then *paint* on the texture template your clothing and view it in Ac3d.

If you have the 3d model and the templates then yes you can do some modification of the model and texture template in AC3D and its *texture cordinate editor* However if you are thinking of gross changes to the 3D model then you may need to create completely new texture maps(templates) in a program like UVMapper.

The only snag you may run into is that the 3d model will likely import as a single object and each of the three templates you have will fit only a specific area so it may end up looking odd initially.

A little more info would help. Do you have the 3dModel that texture template was made from? If so. was it designed to be used in a 3D chat type of environment like, for example, Second Life ? The details of what you are trying to do ... would help.

Happy New Year To All

griff
griff is offline   Reply With Quote