Thread: Animating
View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2006, 03:39 PM   #15
AndyH
Advanced member

Cool Re: Animating

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightoftheroundtable View Post
yeah Stiglr you are right we can all dream that one day ac3d will support an animation function of some kind. I am just worried that it will be to complex to our begging users.

To be honest, I find many of the modelling tools complicated, and not because Ac3D is making them complicated, it's just the nature of working in 3D. I really don't know why there appears to be a mystery around animation as a tool (rather than an art form). Animation is, especially in a keyframe model, just a time line where the position, size and rotation changes (and potentially any other property you would like to change over time) are marked and the transition inbetween each keyframe is calculated by the animation tool (tweening).

Macromedia Director and Flash has it for 2D, 3D Studio had it, any animation package has it. How it is applied can be complicated or simple. I'd be happy with just a simple keyframer in Ac3D.

If you think you can't grasp simple animation of objects, you'd have less hope of being able to use any of the modelling tools!