Thread: Texture Mapping
View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2008, 07:25 AM   #15
Chas

Default Re: Texture Mapping

Ha - I finally found the car texturing tutorial [no sound and an older version of AC3D] but its here; http://www.inivis.com/ac3d/tutorials/carbody/

I should mention to any fellow complete noobs; when you select some faces to texture and then drag them outside the black box in the 'coordinator' click the grey area and then the selected shape will go from green to a red skeleton outline
When you then go to select some new faces (having deselected the previous faces, maybe by clicking outside the object in the 3d window) the previous skeleton outline WILL disappear, but dont panic because these skeletons will all reappear when you select the whole of the object at the end - This allows you to rearrange and resize your skeletons to fit inside the black square ready to copy into your painting program.
Of course, for a simple one texture job; go to Object => Texture, load the texture and then match the overall sizes in the texture coordinator.

As clear as mud I suspect

Waterford; you seem to have a really organised way of colour coding your texture mapping -how does your system work, roughly?
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote