View Single Post
Old 30th March 2009, 11:49 PM   #1
lisa
Professional user

Default PLUGIN: Poser Export

This plugin exports your AC3D model to Poser PZ3 format, allowing you to create props and figures for Poser inside AC3D. The exporter generates an OBJ and a MTL file in addition to the PZ3. The exported OBJ is grouped by mesh--versus the built-in OBJ exporter, which I believe groups by material--so that your vertices are already grouped inside of Poser if you want to make your own skeleton.

The PZ3 it exports is bare-bones, but it will get you up and running quickly and it's very useful for testing your geometry. For blend weights for your final render, I recommend starting with the generated OBJ and creating the skeleton in Poser. This will give you better results, unless you're targeting a game engine or something else where Poser's blend weights don't matter.

Your AC3D hierarchy is used to create the skeleton for Poser. It works exactly the same as the Milkshape exporter, including support for null pivots. Whichever object is first in the group is treated as the parent joint. You can group them however you like, although bear in mind that Poser cannot weld more than two shapes per vertex so you may get holes in your model if you try to weld more than this on a soft-bodied figure. (Rigid body welds don't matter.) AC3D "object centres" are used as pivot points for the bones.

Plugin:
http://www.independentdeveloper.com/...oserexport.zip

Sample model:
http://www.independentdeveloper.com/files/atomizer.zip

The sample model shown is the perfume atomizer model that comes in the AC3D library included with the program. I've re-rigged it so it can animate, then exported it using the Poser plugin. After import into Poser, I applied my materials and tweaked the skeleton. All of the files are included so you can see how it was built.

atomizer-rigged.ac - the rigged version of the atomizer from the AC3D library.

antomizer-rigged.pz3 - the unedited poser file exported by the plugin (yes, I realized belatedly I spelled it wrong, but I didn't want to fix all the file links, doh)

atomizer-final.pz3 - the final file in poser, with materials applied and joint limits, etc., set
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	atomizer-render.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1450  

Click image for larger version

Name:	alternate-pose.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1451  

lisa is offline   Reply With Quote