View Single Post
Old 20th July 2010, 05:50 PM   #3
wizzardworks

Talking Re: X-Plane plug in for ac3d animation problem

I don't seem to have a commands.txt file in the X-Plane resourced/plugins
folder. There is a DataRefs file. I searched with windows search and also opened every folder in X-Plane and couldn't find a commands.txt file. I bought a second copy of X-Plane a while ago when I thought my problem might be related to the X-Plane software. That copy is also installed under a different program name. I searched that copy and also did not find commands.txt. There are two files in the X-Plane resources folder which I copied to the ac3d plugins folder. They are XPLN.dll (200KB), and XPWidgets.dll (112KB) hoping that one of them is actuall the commands.txt file even though the file extension id .dll rather
than .txt but still no joy.

I have the most recent version shipped of X-Plane 9 andthe ac3d is a download of the version from 3 weeks ago as is the X-Plane plugin which came from the laminar research website so they should all be of the same vintage.

Today I have a problem with ac3d. In the tools menu dropdown I tried to open HeirarchyView and the drop down list has disappeared. I have ac3d on my desktop as well so that I can try forum suggestions and things I may find on google to get this working. The tools/HeirarchyView works normally there so I will reinstall my working copy with a fresh download from the invis site. I need to save my .ac files and the current contents of the plugins folder to a dvd before doing an uninstall. I like to think about such things a bit before erasing software in case there is something else I need to save first so I will probably wait untill tomorrow for the reinstall.
wizzardworks
wizzardworks is offline   Reply With Quote