Thread: Animating
View Single Post
Old 18th December 2006, 08:02 PM   #17
Stiglr
Professional user

Default Re: Animating

Yeah, but some of the animation support for the games might work better if you could import the animations you worked out while modeling in AC3D into the game itself, saving you from using tools that might flat out suck in the game.

In the system I do 3D work for, it's a nightmare to do part rotations and very simple animations; to be most succinct, this system HAS no WYSIWYG tools so you can see what you're doing; it's all done by text files, and you have to make corrections, then go into the game setting, reload (often losing your visual frame of reference and viewpoint as you do so) and see if you've got it right. It's awful. Especially when you're checking to see if a needle moves 2.5 degrees instead of 2 degrees when given the proper input. I would truly love it if I could work all that out in a nice visual way, while doing the 3D modeling and get the data to import into the game system.

Of course, the onus for that isn't all on AC3D; my game system has to develop a way to mine that data.

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
Windows 7
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
Stiglr is offline   Reply With Quote