Thread: AC3D Review
View Single Post
Old 19th July 2006, 10:22 AM   #5
Hawk
Professional user

Default Re: AC3D Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark
Hi folks, I'm Jason from subdivisionmodeling.com and I am writing a review of the application for our members. I thought I'd post my positive feedback about AC3D here to really say that the application is underrated and with the plans that Andy has mentioned could really give some leverage for AC3D in such a crowded market.

As an experienced modeler coming from the likes of modo, LW, XSI, C4D I find AC3D totally usuable and enjoyable. There is something to be said for simplicity. However, I think that for AC3D to break it's shell to get more attention from users of other applications I think areas that AC3D can improve on are with specific work tools like spinedge, bridge and a bit more interactivity with other tools where you don't need to rely on the numerical editor.

I have attached an image of a crappy head model I was able to do within only minutes of using AC3D with no prior experience in the application. Feel free to post your experiences with AC3D and any thing you are proud of that you've done and I may include it with my article.

I wonder if you might give our AC3D members some tips on how to model your example (Crappy head) in a 'few' minutes, Thanks.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote