View Single Post
Old 27th January 2022, 03:29 PM   #1
Terry Capps
Professional user

Question Possible problem running AC3D under Windows 11?

I recently bought a new Windows10 computer (that was Windows 11 upgradable) and then upgraded it to Windows 11. Later I downloaded AC3D and started "playing" with it. I found that the functionality of the "Select through" function's behavior had changed from the way that it worked under Windows 10.

Under Windows 10:
With "Select through" turned OFF, a left-mouse click on an object selects that object. A left-mouse click on a surface selects that surface. A left-mouse click on a vertex selects that vertex.

Under Windows 11:
With "Select through" turned OFF while in Object Mode, a left mouse button click on an object does NOT select the object. Dragging the left-mouse button selection over the object also does NOT select the object.

In "Surface Mode" and an object consisting of a cube: With "Select through" turned OFF, a left-mouse click on one of the surfaces fails to select anything. With "Select through" turned ON, a left-mouse button click selects the immediate surface under the pointer.

In "Vertex Mode", with "Select through" turned OFF, a left-mouse click on on a vertex does NOT select the vertex. Dragging the left-mouse button selection over several vertices doesn't select any of the vertices.

Is this a problem involving AC3D under Windows 11 or am I missing something?
Terry Capps is offline   Reply With Quote