View Single Post
Old 20th January 2010, 04:38 PM   #10
lisa
Professional user

Default Re: PLUGIN: Render to Texture: Light Maps, Normal Maps, AO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkhoops View Post
Lisa, this is an amazing addition to the software. Up until this point I haven't been concerned with having my texture coordinates overlap. In fact, I had purposely overlapped them at times. Is there an easy way to unwrap an objects texture map so that every face is mapped without overlapping? I also find it difficult to get angled surface to map flat. Any ideas?
I usually map it in sections. There's another set of plugs I wrote that will break up the model by crease angle that you might find useful: http://www.independentdeveloper.com/...ap-by-material

For angled surfaces, sometimes I will rotate the model, apply the mapping so I get the projection I want, then rotate the model back to its original position.

I don't know of any way to do this completely automatically within AC3D, but I just learned this morning that Ultimate Unwrap 3D will create a unique atlas. The atlas looks a little odd, but it is non-overlapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkhoops View Post
One more question. Is there an option in your GUI to burn the texture into the shadows and everything but delete all of the unused portions of the texture?
Hmmm. I'm not sure I follow you. Do you mean to mask just the mapped parts? You could, I guess, create an alpha mask by setting your surface material to white and using render "Material Colors" to create a map of which areas are used, then use the alpha mask within your paint program to clip the shape. Is that what you mean?
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote