View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2005, 06:35 PM   #1
joseph

Default Using models in C++ OpenGL programs

Hello,
I am new to AC3D. I followed the tutorial for the twisted column that I found here on the forum, and I had no trouble creating the column (AC3D seems like a great program so far). I added a concrete texture to it, and it looks fine. What I really want to do is to be able to create models in AC3D and then render them in my OpenGL programs. I searched around on the forum and found the acLoader on the website. After compiling the code with the current program I'm working on, I decided to test it out with the column. I placed the column in the middle of my scene, and it showed up. The only problem I have now is that the column is dark gray, and I can't seem to get it to change colors or display a texture. I am currently using basic ambient lighting. I tried various file formats for the texture. I even tried modifying the loader to use a bitmap loading function that I know for sure works to load my textures. It may be something to do with the settings for the model in AC3D. What I want to do is to have my program display the model the way it looks in AC3D. Also, can I set the rgb and alpha components for surfaces and/or vertices in AC3D? I apologize if these questions have been answered repeatedly. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe
joseph is offline   Reply With Quote