View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2006, 09:06 AM   #10
chrisdn

Default Povray

I'd just like to add that this is a stupid program. I love to use AC3D but povray just ruins the whole thing for me. Add a texture? comes all black even with objects and lighting to relflect thats when it actually recognices the bloody textures or finishes. I add the texture exactly as it is written in *.inc file and then nothing. I was better off using it without no input commands and just using AC3D's own material models.
If I'm wrong and this seems to be wrong then let me know but as it stands I'm going to take AC3D off my system because it's total lack of support for a rendering engine. I find it ridiculous that a modelling program like this dopesn't have at least some form of internal renderer or at the minimum a material editor that actually works with the renderer it was designed for.
For crying out loud! Look at the rendering options in Blender!!! And that software is totally free.
COme on people...help me out on this as I might be doing something completely wrong but the instructions on this board were followed step by step and i still get nothing.
chrisdn is offline   Reply With Quote