View Single Post
Old 4th January 2006, 01:15 PM   #1
Stiglr
Professional user

Default Materials setting dialog box

With the new version of AC3D, the dialog box you get for materials editing (right clicking on a colored box at the bottom left of the interface) has changed a LOT.

Gone are the fields for editing the materials properties, and all you seem to be changing are the display color hues.

I want to create "white" colored objects with certain emmisive/luminence/specular, transparency and shininess, but the value boxes or swatches I have to work with all seem to suggest COLOR values, like RGB or Saturation.

Am I missing something here?

=================
Also, is there a way to IMPORT materials values from one file to another. The way I'm solving this problem right now is kind of counterintuitive: I'm opening a file with the materials the way I want, and importing parts of objects that don't have the correct Material 1 (the white material), and changing the Materials of the imported object and re-exporting them. It'd be better (not to mention more productive) to be able to open a fresh new file with that #1 White material, and/or any other materials the way I want them.

Hope this makes some sense.... I'm feeling more confused just typing this. ops:

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
Windows 7
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
Stiglr is offline   Reply With Quote