Thread: AC3D 7 out now!
View Single Post
Old 9th July 2012, 09:24 AM   #7
RichKuzmack

Default Re: AC3D 7 out now!

Andy,

I started using AC3D back in 2007, so this is not the first time I have hit the 'paid upgrade' boundary, and while I can appreciate the reaction of d491 and Jim, it is still one of the best deals around! I note that my Alibre Design takes $100 each year to stay current . . . and that's among the least costly. Those looking for a free lunch would not be happy with a lunch worth zero, they just want someone else to pay for it, and that is irresponsible.

I began using AC3D to make custom sculpts for Second Life, and it transitioned smoothly into the new mesh system. There are still some things that an AC3D sculpted prim can do that the meshes won't, so sculpting lives on!

I have also found AC3D to be an easy environment to create a model of a precision part that can then be exported as an .stl mesh and have MeshCAM produce the G-Code to make the part on my CNC mill. That is a completely different application for AC3D.

So I will be upgrading and add my two cents <chuckle> to keep AC3D alive and vibrant!

Rich
RichKuzmack is offline   Reply With Quote