View Single Post
Old 31st October 2004, 12:40 PM   #5
AndyH
Advanced member

Yes, I am finding the TCE has a lot of flexibility. The car texturing example on the site shows what you can do with most situations, and being able to interactively select the object, surfaces is great. Still no problem with that, just there is no control by entering values directly.

On my model for instance I have six triangles. Two forming a rectangle on the right, two in the middle forming a rectangle and two on the left. I want the middle texture to start exactly 50% offset (on U and V) from the ones on the left and right. I can make a best guess in the TCE to do this but for the type of texture, even just a pixel out will show up when I make other models that have to join up with the same texture offsets.

I did try making them as separate objects, do the texture offset from the object menu then joining them together with Object - Combine, but the texture UV's get reset on both when I do this. Also I found a bug when I undo this operation I get a duplicate object with one triangle placed underneath. I have the file where this can be demostrated if you would like a copy to look at.

If there's no possibility to see a texture command under the Surface menu, the next best thing would be some improvements to the TCE.

I'd like to be able to specify a +ve or -ve value in an X and Y field, click apply and see the selected surface or vertex (depending upon which mode selected in the TCE) move by that amount. Also I would like to be able to move these with the keyboard, eg: press UP arrow and move the selected vertex/surfaces by a set amount. Currently this moves the view.