Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th November 2008, 12:58 PM   #1
jarv

Default sculpty basic forms

Can I have please the tga of the sculpty cube? Because I accidentally overwrote it (and, it could be nice if you'll place these basic files in your repository, in the case someone else could make mistakes like mine). TYVM.
jarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 01:55 PM   #2
Kireyo
Expert member

Default Re: sculpty basic forms

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarv View Post
Can I have please the tga of the sculpty cube? Because I accidentally overwrote it (and, it could be nice if you'll place these basic files in your repository, in the case someone else could make mistakes like mine). TYVM.

Or you could just re-install AC3D...
Kireyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 01:58 PM   #3
jarv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kireyo View Post
Or you could just re-install AC3D...
no thanks, I wasn't addressing to lazy people, but to the coders.

Last edited by jarv; 24th November 2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 24th November 2008, 02:54 PM   #4
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Unless you know someone who can swiftly email the correct files to you, Kireyo is correct (he was not lazy, and did help you) - just reinstall AC3D to get the files back.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 03:30 PM   #5
jarv

If you had had them in your repository, there were no need to tell people "just reinstall" over and over. These issues could happen everytime. and I think that it is not a matter of costs, to put 3 essential files in a downloading area.
Old 26th November 2008, 07:49 PM   #6
madmax
Advanced member

Or you could have one download, ac3d. It doesn't take that long to reinstall. If don't want to reinstall, doesn't that make you lazier than Kireyo?
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 10:46 PM   #7
jarv

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Or you could have one download, ac3d. It doesn't take that long to reinstall. If don't want to reinstall, doesn't that make you lazier than Kireyo?
Professional, indeed.
Old 27th November 2008, 10:48 AM   #8
madmax
Advanced member

I never claimed to be a professional anything. I'm not going to get into a big argument with you, I'm just saying that the downloads aren't really necessary, and you shouldn't attack the person who told you how to solve the problem.
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 01:25 PM   #9
jarv

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
I never claimed to be a professional anything. I'm not going to get into a big argument with you, I'm just saying that the downloads aren't really necessary, and you shouldn't attack the person who told you how to solve the problem.
I figure out that you weren't a professional, in the sense that you aren't of the coding team; and infacts, I'd been glad whether it had had been one of the team, to answer to my question since beginning.
Though, I know that this is a forum, and that specially external people feel entitled to partecipate in forums also for playng "one-up", either willingly or not. Thus I "attacked" the person, but in effects I didn't "attacked" anybody, unless it is somebody who isn't part of the coding team, and who answered me first, and in a way that seemed to me very inadequated to the matter, besides making me appear like one who never figured out how special files could be stored in a repository, in the case that they were a proprietary extension of the makers.
So, no repository? Ok: then, at least add a voice in your FAQs where you explain what to do in these cases, in order to avoid messing with installation, registry (you know, installing over and over, the registry won't pass a good time), anger, and the like.
And now, please stop this.
Old 27th November 2008, 02:21 PM   #10
lisa
Professional user

Whoa whoa. Easy guys.

Here's a link to the older version of the plugin. DON'T overwrite the plugin you have--the one that comes with AC3D is the official one, this is an earlier unofficial build--but you can pull the cube and other shapes out of the zip file:

http://www.ccccybernetics.com/downloads/sculpties.zip
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote