Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Work In Progress / Showcase
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th October 2008, 09:29 PM   #1
Lordcaim
Expert member

Default Red Earth: Animation seires

Well I just made it offical, Red Earth will be a animation. I'll be using Bryce (demo) and maybe Daz Studio, I'll look into Daz studio. I may just wind up getting Bryce (full) if Daz isn't good. Heres a picture (bottom) of a S.Quad unit (Space Stealth Ship Soldier) that role as great defense unit's or enemy ship capturers. The other picture (top) is a O.D.S.T. from halo. Going to spend some time during vacations to make a halo chess.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ODST ROOK.png
Views:	481
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	1279  

Attached Images

Old 16th October 2008, 10:54 PM   #2
Klyde
Professional user

Default Re: Red Earth: Animation seires

FYI-When looking for 3d software I tried DAZ. Found out that when using it the stuff you create (Meshes) belongs to DAZ.
Old 6th November 2008, 09:21 PM   #3
Lordcaim
Expert member

Heres some updates on Red Earth. I've added somethings, like a new vehicle, drop pods, and repair drones. You'll see the pods used to ram into enemy capital ships and repair drones will be seen clinging onto fighters repairing them as they fight. The repair drones use lazer cutters to slice through and replace damaged parts. Parts are replaced by a shield, generated by the green lazers. The vehicle won't be in used immeditally, but it will be. The vehicle is in the next post.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pod1.png
Views:	437
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1301  

Name:	pod2.png
Views:	421
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	1302  

Name:	save.png
Views:	427
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1303  

Name:	save2.png
Views:	429
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1304  

Name:	save3.png
Views:	404
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	1305  

Old 6th November 2008, 09:25 PM   #4
Lordcaim
Expert member

This is the vehicle. It's called the Rhino, a vehicle that can be modified to be launched from space to surface. The turret is fired remotely from inside and carries two extra soldiers. The driver enters in the rear door with everyone else, and the door slides up and down. It's rather slow, but is good at making tight turns and is heavyly armored.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	veh1.png
Views:	418
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1306  

Name:	ven2.png
Views:	412
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	1307  

Old 10th November 2008, 06:35 PM   #5
Lordcaim
Expert member

Here are some updates on the models. These is the marine and newer models of the M.P.R.R. bullet and laser guns. Both guns now have fore-grips, or a handle near the front of the gun for better handleing.The bullet one took the old laser gun's look, and the laser gun has an all new model. For indepth descriptions you can check these in my album. Also you may notice this, I gave the marine fingers and better armor!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mprrengager.png
Views:	436
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1309  

Name:	mprrengagerlz.png
Views:	426
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1310  

Name:	marine.png
Views:	402
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1311  

Old 17th November 2008, 07:17 AM   #6
dhanarajesh1

Thanks for sharing 3D pictures
dhanarajesh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 11:55 PM   #7
Lordcaim
Expert member

Here's a new addition to my weapon collection This is the Electric Machine Gun (E.M.G.) often used by specailist forces (like S-quad troopers). It holds 200 bullets and displays the current in-use bullet numbers. The rifle has three clips in it each holding 200 bullets for a grand total of 600 bullets. It's classified as a machine gun because of it's 55 cali. bullets but is used and treated as a sub-machine gun (hence why there's a fore-grip and not a tri-pod). However when not in the hand of specailist it is in fact used as a machine with a tri-pod, however this is rare because the EMG is hard to manufactor.
Oh and I went to the link for the movie, looks good
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2.png
Views:	409
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	1313  

Name:	2d.png
Views:	406
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	1314  

Old 21st January 2009, 10:04 PM   #8
Lordcaim
Expert member

Update: I've done the finishing touchs to the models and will soon have animating underway (as in a week or so because I've got finals this week). I've added one more soldier model, the Army Soldier which is the one that doesn't look like the others (the blue and cyan colored one on the end). The Army Soldier isn't deployed from space like marines and aren't trained as hard. The Army has the same weapon equipment as marines but different armor. The Army's armor doesn't have shielding, instead it has a system of nanobots that go through the armor and repair broken parts. This takes awhile though and isn't as effective as Marine armor. Army soldiers have jet packs on them though so they've got that on marines.
Also the basic marine now has yellow strips, he's there in the picture. The other marines with blue are all officer classes (sergeant and so on). They've got the same shields and so forth as all other Marines but they have additional platings. The gun has also had some changes, they're pretty obvious. Nothing too different other than their look. Check out my album Red Earth for an update on the S-quad.
The Army Soldier got their look from early models of the Marines, only now they're more refined and more to what I was aiming for. However the jetpack was just something I threw in.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	collab.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1366  

Name:	collab2.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1367  

Name:	collaback.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1368  

Last edited by Lordcaim; 21st January 2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Lordcaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 10:46 PM   #9
Lordcaim
Expert member

This is a update on the Spear, the main heavy tank. It still has a laser cannon and everything but it also now has passanger seats (the things sticking out on it's sides) where marines can hitch a ride. However they're very exposed, and even though the Spear has shielding it's still very dangerous useing the seats. I helped show it's size with side by side comparison, with a marine in the middle and a Rhino on the other side.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	spear.png
Views:	334
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	1369  

Name:	spear2.png
Views:	348
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1370  

Name:	display.png
Views:	336
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1371  

Old 20th April 2009, 10:16 PM   #10
Lordcaim
Expert member

Heres side by side comparison of the ships (excluding fighters). I've added more turrets to the Zeus Battleship and Athena Space station, and the marine cruiser and assault frigate have remained the same (gasp!). I'm coming up with a trailer and when that gets out the seires shall follow.
Attached Images