Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th November 2007, 08:20 PM   #1
Diablobo

Default Sculpty Exporting Problem

This is probably my own fault because I'm very very new at this. This is my first time trying to use anything 3d. So frankly, you're probably going to have to spoonfeed me through whatever I'm doing wrong. I don't know most of the lingo, but if you can point me in the right direction, I'll be grateful.

Every time I make a sculpty and go to export it, the sculpt texture always has a series of black triangles on the top and bottom. This causes spikes on the sculpty in-world.

I made just a regular sphere in AC3D and went to File -> Export with both Normalized Sculpted Prim and just Sculpted Prim (I don't know the difference between the two). Both of them have the same triangle effect.

Any Advice?
Diablobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2007, 08:25 PM   #2
lisa
Professional user

Default Re: Sculpty Exporting Problem

Hi Diablobo!

The default sphere in AC3D has triangles instead of quads around the poles in the UV map, so there's gaps in the sculpt map. You can see the map by clicking on Tools > Texture Coordinate Editor.

If you look in the folder that comes with the plug-in, there's a sphere you can use as a starter that has the poles correctly mapped. If you use this sphere instead, you should have no problems.

"Normalized" sculpted prims forces the exported sculpt map to 1x1x1 meters, instead of the natural proportions of your object. This works a little better for collisions and makes for smoother output, but has the drawback that you have to resize the object after you import it into SL.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote