Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th October 2007, 05:08 PM   #1
edi

Default Window raising and snaps

When I am working with ac3d I usually have some more windows open. As a result, some ac3d windows end up hidden behind others. I would like to see the window behavior slightly changed so that a window (like texture manager, UV map etc.) will be raised if it exists already.

Right now, if I have, say the texture manager open but its window is hidden behind others I cannot say whether the window's there or not (Ac3d shows only up as one window in the KDE bar regardless of how many windows ac3d has opened). I have now already forgotten whether it's there or if it's there at all (I might have closed it meanwhile, right?). If I press F10 now just nothing happens (since the window is already there) and I have to search for the texture manager window manually. In exactly this case it would be nice if the keypress would raise the window.

The other thing I would dearly like to see added would be proper snaps, not only gridsnap. Snapping to the nearest vertex, object or surface centers, tangent points, ...
edi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2007, 02:53 PM   #2
lisa
Professional user

Default Re: Window raising and snaps

Corel Draw-style rulers\dynamic guides would also kick a**.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote